Key Account Manager Industry - BeNeLux/France
Our client, with its head office based in Landgraaf (NL), is the leading importer and distributor of authentic Asian food and non-food products. The corridors in Landgraaf are full of energy, ideas and foreign languages. They are the European leader of more than 50 Asian A-brands, and also expanding to other cuisines, like Arabic, Caribbean and African A-brands. Their distributing market encloses Germany, Austria, the Benelux and other EU countries. Besides all these mayor A-brands, they have also developed own brand concepts like Golden Turtle for Chefs™, Mei Asia and Royal Tiger. With more than 280 colleagues and 40 cooled trucks they serve their customers, which differ from thousands of Oriental and Turkish supermarkets to the well-known supermarkets and Food Service chains in the Netherlands and abroad.
Due to growth we are currently searching for a:
Key Account Manager Industry (fulltime)
Area: Benelux / France
As an Account Manager, you are responsible for the growth of existing customers in the Industry branch within the Benelux and France, with a strong focus on new business development. You report to the Business Unit Manager Foodservice/Industry in Landgraaf (The Netherlands). In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Generating new sales by creating new customers
• Maintaining strong long-lasting relationships with existing customers
• Visit existing and potential customers
• Translate the customers’ needs into tailor made solutions in line with the existing product portfolio
• Take care of the product support, inform and advise customers about new developments and new products
• Negotiate prices, delivery conditions, contracts and close agreements
• Forecast and follow account sales results
• Set up and realize the annual sales plan and account plans for your own customer portfolio
• Identify new trends and market opportunities within the area
• Participate in fairs
Ultimately, you will need to liaise with various internal teams (Quality, Purchase and Back Office) based in The Netherlands to achieve targets while keeping our customers satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
What are our requirements?
• Fluent French and Dutch speaking; German or another European language is a nice bonus
• Work experience in a sales function; work experience in the Industry sector is a plus
• Affinity with the Oriental kitchen
• Ability to make new contacts, and to build up relationships on all organizational levels, based on trust, quality and expertise
• Excellent listening, problem-solving, negotiation and presentation abilities
• BA/BS degree in Food Technology, Food Business Administration or in relevant food-related field is desirable, but not mandatory.
• You describe yourself as independent, organized, proactive and enthusiastic.
• Willingness to travel about 80% of your time within the area.
A nice challenging position in a growing international company where collegiality and a good result are paramount.
Next to this you will also receive salary in line with the market and excellent benefits such as a pension scheme, collective health insurance, a laptop, mobile phone, staff discount on own products and sports with discount.