Supply Chain Management traineeship at Cordstrap
Cordstrap has always believed there is a better way. Our company started with the development of non-metallic strapping system that was strong as steel and safe to use. More than 55 years later, our passion to innovate and evolve our portfolio of solutions that protect cargo, and the people handling it, is unwavering. Put simply, we have the passion to protect. That passion runs through every aspect of our business, and our Supply Chain Management Traineeship is no exception.
We’re proud of our traineeship program and we’re excited to find the next candidate to join us. Find out more about Cordstrap and the Traineeship below and, if you feel our next trainee could be you, send your details and listed documents to the contact details at the bottom of the page.
a quick overview of operations at Cordstrap
Take a look at cordstrap.com
Position Purpose & Summary
As a Supply Chain Management Trainee, you will become an integral part of the Cordstrap supply chain and operations team. During the traineeship you will receive a hands-on experience working alongside experienced professionals. You will have contact with customers, suppliers, transport providers, production-, commercial- and finance teams. Our objective is to expose you to various critical and real live elements of the complete supply chain operations and identify your potential of future leadership in the exciting world.
In the Supply Chain Management Trainee Program, you could expect some or all of the following experiences within the first two years with Cordstrap:
• Initial assignment to a business unit or function
• On-going formal soft skill development and technical training
• Participation in a project to provide you with leadership experience.
• Networking with international colleagues
During your traineeship you will be involved in more than one of the following functions: demand and supply planning planning, supply chain analytics, customer service, logistics, procurement & warehousing. At the end of your traineeship and depending on your performance and proven potential you could expect to receive wider responsibilities within the Supply Chain function or elsewhere in Cordstrap.
• 50%> Take on a role within the operation teams with real responsibilities in achieving week to week targets in quality, service and costs.
• 40%> Identify and implement opportunities to optimize efficiency, costs, service performance across various areas of our supply chain. This will require strongly progressing skills in data analysis, strategizing and planning, and disciplined execution of program. Very likely digitization will be top of mind in the range of opportunities that will be faced.
• 10%> Lead cultural and functional improvement programs and be trained in various elements of problem solving and project management techniques.
At Cordstrap we hire personality, and we train skills. Key requirements for successful candidates are:
• Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management & Logistics or equivalent;
• creativity and innovative approach in building and/or improving systems and processes;
• strong interest in continuous improvement;
• demonstrated natural leadership ability;
• self-starter and fast learner;
• able to proactively identify and resolve problems;
• strong analytical, prioritizing and interpersonal skills;
• flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company;
• ambition to develop as a generalist or expert leader in supply chain or general management.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. Next to this we also offer:
• Competitive salary
• 40 hour workweek
• Indefinite employment contract
• 25 + 3 vacation days
• Bonus scheme
• Travel / home working allowance (when hybrid working is possible)
• Additional compensation regarding social security schemes (e.g. pension and social insurance)
But most important you get outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.