Supply Chain Management traineeship at Cordstrap
After a decade of entrepreneurial, geographic-led growth, Cordstrap is entering the next phase in its development with a goal to increased attention on value creation, cost and professionalization across all functions. In line with the changes in the market and focus on professionalization, Cordstrap has restructured most parts of its business during the past few years and is well positioned to execute on an ambitious growth strategy.
The vision for supply chain operations is to be the super connected network that enables Cordstrap and its partners to create value for its customers. Supporting this is a recently formulated strategy that evolves around 4 key elements: 1) support growth, 2) reduce risk, 3) create value, and 4) enhance the customer experience. S&OP takes a central role in achieving this strategy. We deliver this through a team of dedicated professionals both in our ‘downstream’ organization (in clusters/regions) focused on planning and logistics execution to deliver high quality customer experience, and ‘upstream’ (centralized in Oostrum, Venray) providing functional support, optimizing assets and leveraging our global scale.
As a Supply Chain Management Trainee, you will become an integral part of the Cordstrap supply chain and operations team. During the traineeship you will receive a hands-on experience working alongside experienced professionals. You will have contact with customers, suppliers, transport providers, production-, commercial- and finance teams. Our objective is to expose you to various critical and real live elements of the complete supply chain operations and identify your potential of future leadership in the exciting world.
In the Supply Chain Management Trainee Program, you could expect some or all of the following experiences within the first two years with Cordstrap:
• Initial assignment to a business unit or function
• On-going formal soft skill development and technical training
• Participation in a project to provide you with leadership experience.
• Networking with international colleagues
During your traineeship you will be involved in more than one of the following functions: demand and supply planning planning, supply chain analytics, customer service, logistics, procurement & warehousing.
At the end of your traineeship and depending on your performance and proven potential you could expect to receive wider responsibilities within the Supply Chain function or elsewhere in Cordstrap.
Key requirements for successful candidates are:
• Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management & Change (SCM&C), Operations Management & Logistics (OML), or equivalent;
• maximum of up to 2 years of working experience;
• excellent communication skills in English (fluent); Dutch will be considered as an advantage;
• creativity and innovative approach in building and/or improving systems and processes;
• strong interest in continuous improvement;
• high integrity standards;
• demonstrated natural leadership ability;
• self-starter and fast learner;
• highly motivated and able to work independently;
• teamwork and ability to work in a multi-cultural and cross-functional team;
• strong analytical, prioritizing and interpersonal skills;
• flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company;
• ambition to develop as a generalist or expert leader in supply chain or general management
• excellent computer skills: MS Office, Excel specifically, SharePoint, SAP
At Cordstrap we hire personality, and we train skills.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English today. Cordstrap
collaborates with Avance Werving & Selectie as an intermediary to recruit the best candidates for this position.