ICL is a global specialty minerals and chemicals company operating potash, bromine and phosphate mineral value chains in a unique, integrated business model. ICL extracts raw materials from well-positioned mineral assets and utilizes technology and industrial know-how to add value for customers in key agricultural and industrial markets worldwide.
ICL employs around 12.000 people worldwide and is active in many European countries. The European Headquarters are located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For the Location in Heerlen (Limburg) Avance Matching Professionals is hiring a part-time HR Officer/Assistant.
It’s a long-term position for 24 hours a week (3 to 5 days a week).
The HR Officer supports the Senior HR Advisor Heerlen en Grobbendonk, in providing first line support to all employees in the full employee lifecycle; from hiring to retiring.
You will work together with all stakeholders global and local in the business and with the support of your HR colleagues from Total Rewards, Learning & Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, HRIS and HR Operations.
The HR Officer, will play a key role in managing the HR Processes and ensuring the smooth functioning of the HR processes. You will also need to interact with and greet customers in a proactive, friendly, professional and service based manner.
• Provide first line support to the employees and managers regarding HR topics;
• Create position numbers for new vacancies and replacements, process in SuccessFactors and follow up;
• Follow up on local labor law changes and update HR information (FAQ & handbook);
• Support in audits;
• Ensure timely and accurate data entry and corrections of HR transactions into systems;
• Provide customers with accurate, consistent and timely responses to their questions and issues regarding HR;
• Conduct, process and follow up on offboarding interviews for all entities;
• Check the new hire forms and onboarding;
• Support in applying for grants (subsidies);
• Create and analyze reoccurring HR reports;
• Escalate potential employee cases in a timely manner to management to anticipate on risks and incidents;
• Make suggestions on improving HR processes;
• Take full ownership of the absence management process by proactively support employees and managers during sickness, follow-up on compliance and take appropriate actions, manage the illness registration tool, first point of contact for UWV, Company Doctor and other parties involved;
• Support HR tasks and communications with Protime, applying for grants and Social Secretariat;
• First-line point of contact for changes in personnel situations and communication to the authorities involved;
• Coordination of Global theme (weeks) such as Employer of Choice;
• Play a pivotal role in conducting new employee orientation and train employees on HR policies and procedures.
• Have a degree in Human Resources (at least MBO level), other related disciplines as management, communication or business-related will be taken into consideration as well;
• Experience (minimum 3 years) providing a broad range of Human Resources customer focused administrative services contact;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
• Fluent English and Dutch, other European languages are highly appreciated;
• Cultural awareness- respects and handles cultural differences in a professional and respectful way;
• Strong communication skills, persuasiveness, resilient to stress, and commit to deadlines;
• Pro-active, hands-on personality and leading by example;
• Decision making, problem solving, flexibility and creativity;
• Ability to work well under pressure in a matrix organization;
• Willingness to travel to other sites/locations (about once a month).
Travelling as required to different site facilities and also regular to the ICL European Shared Service Center in Amsterdam. Job requires driving license, availability of own car. Willingness to stay in hotel if required for job/meetings.
This is a parttime position for a long term job within a large international company. Preferably you are available 24 hours per week. Hours are flexible, however it is preferred when you live in the nearby region of Heerlen so you are able to visit the office multiple times a week.
ICL has chosen to only include candidates in the selection procedure who have been offered through Avance Matching Professionals. Please apply by sending your CV to Avance.