Junior Fund Manager / International Business Developer
Catella is a leading specialist in property investments, fund management and banking, with operations in 14 countries and approximately 600 employees. Catella has a strong offering in financial services through their business breadth, geographical coverage and leading position in the property sector. Catella is listed on Nasdaq OMX First North Premier. Read more at catella.com.
As a result of the further growth of the organisation, Avance Werving & Selectie is looking for the location in Maastricht (Catella Investment Management Benelux) for a:
Junior Fund Manager Europe / International Business Developer
It’s a fulltime long-term position located in Maastricht.
You will have the great opportunity to work for a Luxemburg based institutional European residential fund (0,5 fte) and work on establishing 2 new institutional European residential funds in Luxemburg (0,5 fte). We foresee the synergies of this dual role to provide a strong personal growth path for a period of 2 to 3 years after which you are expected to take on further responsibilities in the business.
• To support in executing the Fund strategy and assist in the day-to-day operations.
• Work closely with the Fund Manager, Senior Fund Controller, Director Finance and Transaction/Asset management teams across Europe.
• Actively participate in the Fund's investment process, including:
o monitoring potential acquisitions which meets the Fund’s investment criteria,
o reviewing of transactions documents, underwriting models, and investment memos,
o participate in the due diligence process of prospective acquisitions.
• Analyze asset management plans to determine opportunities to add value to the portfolio, including hold/sell analysis.
• Interact with asset management to identify and resolve key property issues, including leasing activities and capital expenditure requirements.
• Prepare institutional quality annual plans, process memos and other meeting materials for the governance bodies related to the Fund.
• Review quarterly external valuations.
• Assist in the preparation of the Fund’s annual business plan.
• Monitor performance compared to annual plan and flag variances.
• Oversee the financial modelling of portfolios and fund performance, both historic and projected returns.
• Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting packages on quarterly (monthly) basis, including analysis of fund performance, leasing, portfolio metrics.
• Support the Fund’s monthly/quarterly investor reporting packages, including portfolio operational updates and review the monthly / quarterly NAV calculation.
• Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests and inquiries from investors, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
• Support Catella’s new business initiatives in setting up new Luxembourg fund vehicles and strategies.
• A Master degree in economics/business studies. CFA is a plus.
• English is working language, knowledge of the French language is a strong plus.
• Some experience in (European) real estate investments/ banking or finance is preferable, affinity with residential sector is a plus.
• Hands-on, self-starter mentality, ability to manage and multitask various ad hoc requests from the business, in a proactive and practical fashion.
• Developed interpersonal skills and commercial sense next to attention for detail, diligent and accurate.
• Ability to work independent and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze detailed (financial) information without losing the overall picture.
• Experience in underwriting/modelling of real estate transactions, and familiarity with and understanding of accounting concepts and practices.
• Willingness to travel sometimes, notably to Luxemburg.
As Catella IM Benelux - being part of the corporate Catella Group - they offer a challenging job in a dynamic start-up like, with plenty of room for self-development and initiative. Catella IM Benelux employs enthusiastic and driven professionals in an informal, close-knit and highly experienced team. The position has market-based primary and secondary terms of employment. This position is based in Maastricht, they support work from anywhere though regular presence in the office in Maastricht is required.
Please note: Catella has chosen to only include candidates who respond via Avance in the selection procedure. We would therefore expressly ask you to send your application directly to Avance.