Customer Service Representative (NL/EN)
Our client, a worldplayer in the field of rubber, is located in Geleen (South-Limburg). Currently we are recruiting for the next multilingual Customer Service Representative.
Do you consider yourself to be a multilingual? Do you have customer service experience and great communication skills?
Together with the rest of your team you will be responsible for the complete OTC trajectory. You will address customer needs and ensure they have a great experience by ensuring great communication. You are responsible for creating pro-forma invoices, processing sales orders, return orders and other follow-up during this complete process. In some cases you will also be responsible for complaint processing
Your future tasks:
• Address customer needs and ensure they have a good experience
• Process sales orders, credit and debit notes and return orders and related follow-up (Order Tracking) until goods arrive at customers
• Creation and dispatch of documents (order acknowledge receipt and confirmation, certificates of analysis, invoices etc.)
• Creation of pro-forma invoices
• Control of prepayment processes and Letter of Credit whenever applicable
• Inventory (consignment) monitoring and adjustment to meet agreed levels
• Customer communication (order changes, BL data, arrival dates, clarification of logistical issues)
• Processing complaints
• Maintenance of customer master data
• Observation of country-specific requirements, guidelines and conditions
• Providing general support to Account Management
• Receivables and collection process in cooperation with Sales Managers
Factors for success:
• Teamplayer and very strong communication skills
• Active listener, empathic and problem-solving
• Very good spoken and written Dutch and English
• preferably good in one of the following languages: German, French or Spanish
• Strong developed IT skills (SAP, MS Office)
• 3-5 years of professional experience in Customer Service in a B2B environment or similar positions.
We offer you a position within a large international company for at least 32 hours a week. The primary and secondary job conditions are very competitive within this market. You first start with a contract via Avance, and when both parties are happy, you get the chance to receive a contract via the company.