Technical Application Manager
VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy through toddler and preschool and the world’s largest manufacturer of cordless phones. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services.
With headquarters in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in China, VTech currently operates in 15 countries and regions. VTech employs approximately 25.000 employees. This network allows VTech to stay abreast of the latest technology and market trends throughout the world, while maintaining a highly competitive cost structure.
In 1992 VTech Electronics Europe B.V. established offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and France, specializing in learning products. Since then VTech won many awards from recognized juries, educators, retailers, consumers and journalists.
For the European ICT department of VTech, we are searching for a:
fulltime long-term position located in Weert (NL).
VTech is a dynamic company, always improving themselves, quality and sustainability are key.
Together with your colleagues you will be responsible for the Technical Application Management Europe. You will also have an advising and supporting role towards System & Network Management, in meaning of supporting and providing information according to need of Applications on Servers, Network, Infrastructures, LAN, WAN and Cloud. The team in Weert consists of the European ICT Manager and 8 IT staff.
In this function you report directly to the European ICT Manager.
Purpose of the function
• The Technical Application Manager is responsible for maintaining, changing and developing all applications within the Bi environment (Stock control), and tools build in Microsoft lightswitch;
• 24/7 availability of the Business applications for Europe;
• Managing and maintaining the Application Tickets;
• Distribution of the necessary applications for all European offices;
• Responsible for application security;
• Maintaining databases SQL and Oracle (partly in collaboration with DBAs in Hong Kong);
• Maintaining the Data warehouse with connections towards, Cognos, Oracle and Hong Kong;
• Maintain Oracle EBS ERP system (patch & upgrade);
• Maintaining Certificates, REST API’s in Oracle and other applications;
• The Technical Application Manager is responsible for maintaining the applications and translating the Business requirements technical into the Applications;
• Advising process owners and key users in the choice of applications, installation and set-up;
• Keeping an overview in meaning of integration with other applications. Advice and support with functional change management to prevent changes that can damage the application stability, application technical environment and uptime;
• Consult with internal (Weert, Hong Kong) and external IT professionals;
• Support and maintenance of all regionally used applications.
• Initiate, coordinate and collaborate on application (ICT) projects on a global and regional level for continuous and structural improvement of the ERP and all other applications;
• Initiate and maintain contacts with suppliers for implementations, projects, support and consultancy, Application technical and Business oriented;
• Implement, maintain and improve applications, both regionally and globally;
• Checking invoices and requests, writing Application Business cases, documenting ICT procedures, documenting ICT work instructions, advising and documenting ICT policy;
• Monitor, implement and timely improvement of business processes;
• Monitoring of request processes and taking appropriate measures;
• Providing management information about Application (ICT) projects, incidents, up / downtime, processes and KPIs;
• Provide input on/ solve incidents, tickets and basic application processes.
• Minimum HBO (Bachelor) ICT or equivalent working and thinking level;
• Minimum 5-8 years in a similar role;
• Experience with BI, database and data warehouses is a must;
• Experience with ERP is a must, experience with Oracle is a plus;
• Experience with system integration with API / REST web services is a plus;
• Experience with a multicultural political business environment is a must;
• Always be open to professional feedback;
• Good knowledge of Dutch (speaking and writing) and English (speaking and writing). Other languages such as German, French, Spanish and Chinese are a plus;
• Experience / able to read with programming, C #, PL / SQL, Oracle APEX, XML, JSON and link databases is a plus (if no experience, the affinity with or wanting to learn is a must);
• Experience with logistics business processes is a plus;
• Willing to occasionally travel within Europe (± 4 days in a year);
• Able to work in an international team;
• Competences: taking the initiative is key, furthermore: communication skills, commitment, loyalty, passion, team worker, planning and organizing, service-oriented, flexible, honest, result-oriented, analytical, structure, and a healthy ability to put things into perspective.
Being employed within VTech, means having many responsibilities, but also a lot of freedom. You will be in close contact with the Sales Companies, Suppliers and Partners within Europe and the companies’ IT headquarters team, which is located in Hong Kong.
Further we will offer you a:
• A professional and dynamic working environment;
• A very interesting position with many challenges;
• A great place to work and an informal culture;
• A position with lots of room for own initiative;
• A competitive salary and very good benefits program.