Lean Management Support & Operations
Goodpack is an innovator in developing safe and cost-efficient transportation and storage solutions for challenging payloads, including natural rubber, food and liquids and specialty industrial goods such as tires and automotive parts. For the European distribution center located in the South of Limburg (NL), we are hiring a:
LEAN MANAGEMENT SUPPORT & OPERATIONS
Location: Maastricht, but willing to travel abroad (Europe, Russia, Asia (Goodpack University), Middle East)
Role & Responsibility - Reporting directly to the EMEA Operations Director and using auditing & educational tools, the aim throughout 2021/2022 is to have all Goodpack EMEA depots and offices to develop targeted best practices and results for LEAN, Safety, Quality & GMS (Goodpack Management System) compliance within relevant award allocations. It’s a fulltime position in a high ambitious environment.
Each depot and office are unique so we cannot have a one size fits all, however, there are many SOP’s that are universal and we can identify differences and restrictions up-front to plot a road map which accommodates these with clear completion dates throughout 21/22 to achieve fixed targets.
The role is independent of the Depot Management and is there to protect Goodpacks interests, in terms of compliance to avoid litigation, customer quality expectation and most importantly the protection of all Goodpack and Goodpack related employees safety. This means this role has a direct say in Safety & Quality related topics, whereas this Manager is responsible to inform the Senior Management team of potential risks, also to encourage all staff to do the same, either directly at the time or during fixed update meetings dependent of the level of risk to the businesses interest.
They should also ensure that Goodpack depots have relevant audit checks in place to identify Governmental and recommended Goodpack risk assessment expectations are complied with covering Safety topics. The depot management are responsible to follow these expectations, so ultimately this role is there to assist them and make suggestions to achieve compliance but as and when required this role will shine a light on non-compliance and escalate that to the relevant Management level dependent of the severity of the non-compliance.
• Investigate any safety failures or near misses using Goodpack reporting and auditing tools to make recommendations to the Senior team
• Review legal Governmental demands & recommended Goodpack requirements are understood & complied with to a pre-agreed level via audits
• Ensure all relevant staff are trained and re-trained with 100% pre-agreed pass rates only accepted related to Safety, coupled with recommending rewards and penalties related to compliance levels
• All depots are audited within agreed timescales both internally but also with Goodpack visits (either via video from the site, this Manager or Goodpack representatives)
• Keep updated with industry standards and from time to time external specialists to make suggestions and when relevant implement changes
• Work with the commercial teams to listen to the customer and within SOP handbook guidelines, work with the depots to improve quality and when relevant (via business case) consider if the SOP should be changed to accommodate the customers feedback
• End-users’ performance: Damage reduction program, Goodpack Rewards System for scanned dehires, Inbound issues actioning (with CX & Sales reps.)
• Co-ordinate all Internal & external demands are actioned via all relevant staff
• Ensure all customer issues are recorded and responded to within the contracted & SOP guidelines via the relevant communication method (e.g., 8D, Customer KPI’s, internal dashboards, etc.)
• Confirm relevant representation for each EMEA depot to attend regular meetings (including a Monthly Safety & Quality evaluation with Operational Director & Regional President)
• Set clear GMS expectations for each EMEA depot for each award level and agree a training and audit plan
• Arrange set external (video) and when travel allows visit audits (either via this Manager or relevant Goodpack representatives)
• From time to time the Senior team in EMEA may call upon this Manager to audit specific issues that require an ‘independent view’ in terms of not self-audited within the relevant department.
To be successful in this role, you are a pro-active team player with a distinct drive for execution and results. You have a strong focus on Lean Management, Safety, Quality and Sustainability and are able to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues in other departments and disciplines. Managing several tasks and projects at once poses no problem for you.
• A Higher Education or Master degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration or economics/business studies.
• ISO Experience
• Pro-active and result driven
• Getting things done mentality / problem solving attitude
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Good presentation skills
• Fluent in English both verbal and written
Our client offers you a professional, international, dynamical and high quality working environment, where personal development is stimulated and personal initiatives are encouraged. Your development plan will challenge you to further develop your personal skills and competencies, to build your career within the global organization of Goodpack.
Please note: Goodpack has chosen to only include candidates who respond via Avance in the selection procedure. We would therefore expressly ask you to send your application directly to Avance.