Customer Service Manager EMEA
Our Client Ranpak (Heerlen) manufactures machines and paper products used in protective paper-based packing for shipping goods and merchandise for e-commerce and industry, along with automation solutions. The company is based in Concord (Ohio, US), and has production facilities and offices in Reno, (Nevada, US), Raleigh (North Carolina, US), Kansas City (Missouri, US), the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Shanghai and Singapore. The paper packaging material can be used for multiple applications like wrapping, cushioning, void fill and cold chain purposes, and is sometimes known as dunnage. Ranpak counts customers globally like Amazon, IKEA, and Walmart.
The company was built on a revolutionary business model rooted in sustainability, innovation and service. They have been driven forward by a leadership team of packaging veterans and strong distributor relationships. Today they’re an internationally renowned company, with more than 500 employees around the globe. Their operations now span across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Ranpak is continually on the hunt for opportunities to expand both their offerings and geographical footprint.
Some interesting figures: Ranpak has 40+ years of in-the-box packaging experience. 250+ exclusive distribution partners worldwide and 400+ patents in paper cushioning, void fill and wrapping systems.
Currently Avance Executive Search® is looking for an experienced and driven Manager Customer Service EMEA (1.0 ft)
• Manage 4 Teams: Customer Service, Business Support, Machine Desk and Sales Operations & Support (total team consists of 15 people);
• Recruit, engage, mentor and develop employees and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment;
• Setting up a structural way of communication towards account managers and distributors;
• Create an excellent customer journey and increase customer satisfaction through increased collaboration with Sales, Logistics and other internal and external stakeholders;
• Further develop, implement and maintain effective and efficient customer service procedures, policies and standards;
• Manage and oversee day-to day CS operations, take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution;
• Streamline the complete sales order process maximising the benefit and efficiency of ERP, CRM, Power BI (Sugar) and other IT tools;
• Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports including Customer Service KPI’s that support continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
• Working and thinking capacity on Bachelor+/Master level;
• At least 8 years of experience in managing an international Customer Service team (preferably in an international manufacturing environment);
• Inspirational and creative leader that develops and motivates the right staff to connect to our customers and take ownership in delivering excellent service;
• Proven ability to establish a customer service organisation that adds value to the business and our customers beyond transactional processing;
• Passionate about process improvement, setting high goals and achieving them;
• You have a strong personality as in “getting things done!”;
• Strong communication skills, persuasive and able to work with a variety of stakeholders;
• Flexible self-starter that anticipates continuously to changing circumstances;
• Collaborative with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a European and dynamic environment;
• Very strong analytical skills;
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel), ERP (preferably SAP);
• Knowledge of or strong interest in PowerBI tools;
• Excellent verbal and written knowledge of Dutch and English, German is strongly preferred.
Ranpak is offering you a challenging job in a dynamic organization, with plenty of room for self-development and initiative. In this job you will think strategic and act in a tactical way. Ranpak employs enthusiastic and driven professionals in an informal, close-knit and highly experienced team. The position has market-based primary and secondary terms of employment. This position is based in Heerlen.
Please note: Ranpak has chosen to only include candidates who respond via Avance Executive Search® in the selection procedure. We would therefore expressly ask you to send your application directly to Avance Executive Search®.