Senior Mechanical Engineer
Founded in 1972, Ranpak's goal was to create the first environmentally responsible system to protect products during shipment. Ranpak’s mission is to deliver sustainable packaging solutions that help improve supply chain performance and costs, reduce environmental impact, and support a variety of growing business needs globally. With this we deliver an important contribution to reduce the global plastic crisis.
The development and improvement of materials, systems and total solution concepts have earned Ranpak a reputation as an innovative leader in e-commerce and industrial supply chain solutions. Besides Protective Paper Solutions Ranpak invests heavily in its Automation division.
Currently Avance Matching Professionals is looking for an experienced and driven:
Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works as a collaborative engineering team member applying mechanical engineering principles to develop design solutions.
• Confirms mechanical component’s capabilities and quality by designing testing plans.
• Prepares engineering reports, calculations and checks drawings for completeness and accuracy.
• Interacts with vendors, suppliers, to select components/subassemblies that comply with machine requirements and specifications.
• Trouble shooting equipment as required in house and at customer facilities.
• Develop operation manuals and other pertinent documentation.
• Responsible for design and concept and layout using Solid works.
• Support prototype builds and releases products into production.
• Assists with the design, development, testing and reports for new product development (NPD) projects.
• Participates in design projects, customized products, existing product maintenance, quality improvements and cost reduction.
• Bachelor or Academic degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
• 8-10 years of related mechanical engineering experience.
• Affinity with electrical engineering.
• Knowledge of relevant standards and machine guidelines (CE)
• Knowledge of production processes and automation technology
• Self-motivated and innovative, yet an exceptional product development team player.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Being able to translate customer wishes into successful constructions with an eye for quality, costs, manufacturability, safety and lead time.
• Good oral and written command of the Dutch and English language (German is an advantage).
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
We offer you a challenging role within an international environment in a professional and ambitious company. You are going to be one of the specialists on your department for the whole organization, a very responsible role into the “knowledge-hub” of the future. The culture of the organization is informal, ambitious, dynamic and with a strong focus on customer service.
Besides that, they offer great working conditions and employee benefits:
• The possibility to make impact in a fast growing stock listed company
• Working in a collaborative culture, informal but highly results-focused
• Interesting learning & development opportunities
• A competitive renumeration package
• Company laptop and cell phone
• Travel expense allowance
• Flexibility to working from home
Please note: Ranpak has chosen to only include candidates who respond via Avance Matching Professionals in the selection procedure. We would therefore expressly ask you to send your application directly to Avance Matching Professionals.