Customer Service Representative German/English
Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology, helping millions of people around the world relieve pain, restore health and extend life. We provide products, therapies and services that extend millions of people's lives and/or improve their quality of life. Each year, 2.5 million patients benefit from Medtronic's technologies to treat or manage conditions such as heart disease, neurological and vascular disorders and diabetes.
European Operations Center in Heerlen:
Heerlen is home to the staff of the sales organization for the Benelux and Nordic countries, as well as the European Information Technology office and the financial service center for Europe. In addition, Heerlen is home to the largest (30,000 m2) and most integrated distribution center in the world for Medtronic. More than 1,700 people work at Medtronic in Heerlen; making Medtronic one of the largest employers in the region.
As Customer Service Representative in the Diabetes team, your main responsibilities will involve:
Provide timely, safe and efficient product related information and assistance to our customers (patients, Sales Reps, medical professionals, etc.) regarding the use of Medtronic Diabetes products. Resolve technical support for customers by troubleshooting, capturing and following-up on Product Observations and Interactions. Exceed customer expectations when resolving inquiries/requests.
Therapy and Product Knowledge:
• Using proficient disease and therapy knowledge to support customers.
• Deliver safe and reliable customer service and product oriented technical support for Medtronic Diabetes customers.
• Act on training and coaching to ensure up to date product and system knowledge is maintained to meet our expected quality standards and set operational targets.
* Respond to inquiries from customers concerning product operation, troubleshooting, specifications, warranty, and parts/accessories.
• Ensure on or above-target compliance with call quality standards.
• Manage time effectively by prioritizing calls, follow-up and administrative tasks to achieve team and individual Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Demonstrate empathy, patience and resilience while safely assisting customers.
Troubleshooting & Quality Management:
• Effectively communicate with customers to resolve issues and answer questions according to department protocols and requirements.
• Accurately and consistently document customer feedback and troubleshooting completed.
• Ensure support and solutions provided are aligned with Department and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Coordinate return flow for all Diabetes products for quality analysis.
• Active and effective communication with customers, to record and present clear and concise information in a timely manner - both verbally and written.
• Ability to handle high stress environment.
• At least 1 year of customer service or support experience in a contact center, office or helpdesk environment or relevant work experience or have an affinity for the work and a desire to learn it.
• Bachelor Degree or at least MBO.
• Strong oral and written language skills in: German, English & Dutch.
• Effective multi-tasking (navigating between programs to access customer data and input text during call)
• Experience using MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Good listening skills, empathy with the patients and understand the importance of patient privacy laws.
Medtronic offers an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success. A competitive package is of course part of that. Medtronic offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
• Flexible working environment.
• Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results.
• Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances.
• Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract.
• Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program).